Monday, August 3, 2009

Marriage Monday: Short, Sweet and All About Love!

1Co 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1Co 13:5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
1Co 13:6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
1Co 13:7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1Co 13:8 Love never fails.



Hey gang!

This morning, I am standing in the kitchen trying to think of what I was going to write about for Marriage Monday and my wife speaks up and says to me to remember “The Love Chapter” of 1 Corinthians. These were on our wedding invitations.

It is nice to know that my wife is thinking back to the day we got married and how important things like that were to her. But I began to ask myself, what does this relate to married couples that are in the trenches today.

Luckily, my wife had an answer. She began to tell me how often she remembered these verses when things our marriage went wrong. Not every day is a bed of roses. The kids get sick and start puking, one of us loses a job, money seems to find more ways out than ways in, the list goes on and on.

But she is right. Not just because we should remember scripture every time we are tempted or neck deep in the trials of life, but because she’s right about these verses. When we could feel anything but love, we have to remember the love that brought us together. We need to remember that God was with us when we took the vows of matrimony. He’s still here. We just need to call on Him to remind us of the four letter word that covers all. Love!

I love you guys too!
Frank

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Well okay I love you too. Just not in a touchy feely way. Gave that up for lent back in 1991. You remember that night don't ya big guy? Oh lord, there I go again. I just can't stop myself. Pray for me Frank, pray for me.