Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thanks For the Prayers, Back to Action, Glory Where It Belongs





Hey gang!

I won’t ask if you missed me in the time out, but I will say that I missed writing. I thought I would have time yesterday to get back on track and that didn’t happen. So today is the day. Time to get back to work. Time to begin again.

I’ll give you a heads up on this week after I give you some news and some still need prayer request because the battle isn’t over first. My wife did have her appointment today about the “nodule” on the back of her thyroid. I called it a growth in the column dated 9/30 because I am not a medical professional, nor shall I ever play one on TV. Since my wife is in the medical field, I offended her with my lack of knowledge, so I apologize.

What I do know after today is that there are two of those little buggers, one on each side of the thyroid. They are the “centimeter mafia” of my wife’s thyroid. We’re not sure if they are anything worth worrying about yet. There will be a biopsy of both of them on November 3, three weeks from today. Needless to say, I’ll be nervous until there is an outcome. My wife, not so much. She’s all calm about them.

During this same doctor visit, the doctor also told my daughter Maggie, my little baby girl of 18 months, that the second tube for her right ear is doing well and what it is supposed to do, for now. So medically, my family is starting to look better.

I also took the time to pray and look into where this ministry and other Godly stuff that I can do can go. The options are many, but I am waiting patiently for God to give some kind of light, green, red or otherwise. So until then, I am continuing with what I have been faithful in. Hopefully, by the weekend, I will get a restart on the Bible in 90 Days series that will end up being about 135 Days. God is teaching me and a few others much and I am grateful that it is a work that I want to see to completion, even if it takes a little longer than anticipated originally.

As far as One Man Revival’s main page, here’s what the next couple weeks look like. Tomorrow, Wisdom Wednesday will continue with Chapter 6 of Ecclesiastes. On Thursday, you’ll get the professional details and interview of Cecil Murphey, a guy I’ve come to love as I have read his book When God Turned Off the Lights. Then on Friday, I’ll add my comments to those from Thursday in my own review of the book and how it has touched my life.

To end the week on Saturday, my wife will be taking in our church’s women’s conference and then I’ll be heading north to Decatur to see Matthew West and Josh Wilson in concert. A little about the two videos I selected to head up this column.

First, I chose Matthew West’s The Motions. The song has been a former number one but it talks about something that I seriously worry about here. I do. I can’t help myself. I want the words that come off my fingers and to the computer to be not only good, but the best that God can give me. It was one of the reasons I so felt to take the time to read Cecil Murphey’s book. I don’t want to be one of those Christian writers, commentators, ministers to go through the motions and just put something together. I have at times. God doesn’t want us working in our own strength, but in coalition with Him. That way, we get The Best!

I chose Josh Wilson’s Savior, Please because of the fact that I feel that I need Jesus to continue to walk with me and continue to impact my mind, heart and soul.

The first time I ever heard the words of Paul that I am about to share was from televangelist Jesse Duplantis. I love Jesse. Jesse was talking about his book God Is Not Enough, He’s Too Much and how God gives us more than we can ever ask for. He was talking about things in his telecast, but it’s more than that and Jesse made sure to take it to that note in the book. But here is what Paul said in Ephesians 3:14-21:

“For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Chris, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
(20)Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

When Jesse read verse 20, he said that God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or imagine. Off the top of my head, I am sure which version that is from. What I used is the NIV. But the verse isn’t about getting. It is about the idea that we are rooted in Christ and through Him, we are able to do accomplish his will.

But the thought isn’t about money. It begins with a request that God to strengthen us through the Holy Spirit so that Christ is with us. Paul tells the Ephesians that they first need love in their spirit. I often wonder since Ephesians comes after 1 Corinthians biblically if the Ephesians had heard the words of the love chapter or if this was Paul’s way of showing this love so that the Ephesians could understand it.

He then asks for power for the Ephesians, but not as separate entities, but as a unit of people working together for the betterment of the whole. Even though this ministry is called One Man Revival, revival in its truest form is not meant to be about the individual. Revival brings hearts together to accomplish God’s will. And that ladies and gentlemen, is what will be done in an immeasurable value. When we work together in God’s will, we as the church, or as Christ’s body, will achieve far more for the Kingdom than we can ever imagine. That is what I hope is inspired. A togetherness of the church, be it the local unit or at large a nation rising up to be God’s people.

So Savior, King Jesus, Holy One, continue to save us. Continue to build us up for your glory. Continue to unite us as your church. Continue to allow me your words so that your message is carried out. I don’t want to carry on in my strength, but in Yours!

I love you guys!
Frank

1 comment:

Kathy Carlton Willis Communications said...

Frank, over the past couple of weeks as you've been reading Cec's book that we sent, I've been reading your blog and getting acquainted with you. I'm touched by your servant heart and your intimate love w/ Jesus. Thank you for your transparency and genuineness. I've been praying for you during your time away from the blog--that your retreat would be a time of spiritual renewal and refreshing. We all need to have those kinds of breaks from time to time! Thanks for YOU.