Monday, August 23, 2010

The New Look, September and Fall Events, Prayers & Love

Hey gang!

New stuff, new look, fun times being had by all as One Man Revival heads for its second anniversary in November. It should be a fun fall. Today, I just want to talk about all the fun stuff that I want to do this fall and some of the new things that are already here and coming.

First, I’d love to get your thoughts on the new design. I got bored of solid colors and wanted to add vibrancy to the page. I also did it for the cohesiveness for the new blogs, which I’ll talk about again in a few moments. I hope you like it and it gets you to think about how beautiful the sky and our future can be.

Those new blogs are up and going. We are nearing the end of the first month of Proverbs For the Revival, so that means with September 1st that we will be starting again with some insights. I wrote the first piece today (for 9/1) and it talks about having a fear of God. Psalms For the Revival has the rest of the year as far as the scripture goes, but today the 23rd Psalm was shared and I’ve gotten a couple emails on this one as far as people loving it.

With these new blogs, I again encourage you to comment on the page itself or on my or One Man Revival’s Facebook page. It gives me ideas to write about and maybe also gives you a chance to put your thoughts to paper, if you wish.

One new feature on the page that I do want to talk about today is Shelfari. If you are a reader, this is a good thing for you. First, my list might give you ideas for other books that you may have an interest in reading. Also, I have listed books that I have an interest in reading in the near future. Some of these are for personal, but some are for topics for the webpage.

The other thing I like about Shelfari is that it has its own little communities. You can join groups of other Christians or any other thing that you might like. I know there are several groups that love Steven King, James Bond and the list goes on and on. For those of you that like to show off what you read, you can list when you finish a book by date. My memory isn’t that good for the most part. I probably can’t even remember some of the books I’ve read in the way back machine.

Speaking of books, I do want to let you know that there are two Max Lucado books that I will be talking about in September. The first is called You Changed My Life, Stories of Real People With Remarkable Hearts and the second is a brand new book coming out on September 10th called Outlive Your Life, You Were Made To Make a Difference. I’ll be posting a review on the second book on the 10th and the first book as soon as I finish it. Those books are brought to you by the fine people at BookSneeze.com. If you are a fellow blogger that likes to talk about books on your page, it’s a good place to get a free book to review. There are quite a few books I want to review from over there in the coming months, so that will be fun.

Two final thoughts I want to put out there today. The first is that I am looking for other books on the Proverbs, Psalms and the Revelation. There are several reasons for this. The first is that I need other sources to glean ideas from to continue great work with Proverbs and Psalms For the Revival in the coming months. The same thing holds true for information from The Revelation. I haven’t forgotten about the Heaven series. It has just been crazy here at my house.

Anyhow, for publishers, authors, etc., if you have a book or Bible study on any of the three books and you would like to give me a free copy (or a few, so I can do giveaways here on the site), what I will do is tell about your book every time that I use it as a reference and also would put the book information along the side of the site, so that others will be able to find the book. If you would be interested in doing that, then shoot off an email to onemanrevival@yahoo.com or just send the book to Frank Jenkins, One Man Revival Ministries, 606 E Market Ave, Effingham, IL 62401.

Finally, I do appreciate the love and support of the people who read and comment or send me a note of encouragement to continue to do the work of this ministry. On the right side of the page, I have noted that it also takes money to keep a dad and writer of three kids going. So if you feel this ministry does make a difference, you can send a donation to the address above or head on over to Amazon and help out with a gift card or book purchases that can be sent to me. The wish list to look for is onemanrevival@yahoo.com as well.

Hey, I know it’s a hard economy. If you can’t do anything to help financially, you can still pray for this ministry and my family. My wife is a very hard working radiation therapist to keep the bills paid. That’s a bigger deal than it sounds. You can pray for her for a sound mind to deliver the radiation to cancer patients on a daily basis. My oldest daughter, Megan, just entered kindergarten, so you can pray for her to have a great time, learn a lot and grow in the Lord as she goes to public school. My babies, 3 year-old, James, and 2 year-old, Maggie, are still home with daddy and keep him in line as the day goes. Pray that we have time to share as they grow out of diapers to big kid underwear and prepare for their taste of school in the coming years.

For me, pray that I’ll keep it all together. From taking care of the house to finding time for each and every one of those listed above and even a little time for myself to spend with the One that brought us all together. Lastly, just pray that God will continue to instill in me a drive to write and share His Word and thoughts with you. It is one of the great pleasures of life to sit down and share time with you. I love getting your notes on Facebook and in email form. I also love the occasional real mail and calls that you give me. You guys are great and don’t ever forget that when I say “I love you guys” to close out my writing, I really do. I wish I had time to sit and chat with each of you every day. That would be fun. So thanks to each and every one of you!

Till next time, I do love you guys!
Frank

No comments: